I love running. Love, love, love it. Most of the time, I feel like I couldn’t possibly get enough running in my life if I tried. But that doesn’t mean it’s always fun. In fact, I recently made a big decision to stop training for a marathon because I just wasn’t enjoying the experience. Every training cycle has its ups and downs, of course, but let’s face it: the majority of us run because we derive pleasure from it. When running is no longer making us happy, it’s time to reevaluate something. This might end up with you having to make a big decision, or it might just end up with you realizing it’s time to switch things up a little bit and try something new in order to inject a bit more fun into your routine.
Enter No Meat Athlete’s ’63 Ways to Shake Up Your Running Routine’. If you can’t find something on this list to reignite your spark, then I don’t know what to tell you. Some of my favorites:
- Read a great running book: If you’re wondering which one to choose, check out some of our reviews.
- Update your running playlist: Again, if you’re lacking inspiration, we’ve got you covered.
- Be a volunteer: Sometimes seeing how much other people love running can help you to feel the love, too.
- Try some speedwork: Looking for ideas? Check out Lisa’s Track Tuesdays or any of our Guide to Speedwork posts.
- Find a great running blog (like The RUNiverse!): Um, shameless self-promotion, anyone? A little bit never hurt anyone, right?
What are your favorite ways to put some fun back in your run?
No Meat Athlete | 63 Ways to Shake Up Your Running Routine